Introduction. Welcome Back!
1. Read and complete the dialogues (1-4) with the necessary words. Then match them to the pictures (A-D).
1) с; 2) b; 3) d; 4) a.
1. А: Ні, Jane! How are you?
В: Fine, thanks. And you?
A: I’m OK. Are you ready for school?
2. А: Му name is Sue Brown.
В: Oh, nice to meet you. I’m Bill Green.
3. A: Alice, do you know Dan?
B: No. Hello, Dan! I’m glad to meet you.
A: Hi, Alice. Nice to meet you, too.
4. A: Good morning, Miss Alison! Meet my dad, Mr Parker.
B: Good morning, Mr Parker. Pleased to meet you!
A: Dad, this is our teacher Miss Alison.
C: Good morning, Miss Alison. Nice to meet you, too!
2. Read, choose and circle the correct item.
Mary: Hello! I am Mary. And what is your name?
Ann: My name is Ann. Where are you from?
Mary: I’m from Kyiv. And you?
Ann: I’m from London. Is he your classmate?
Mary: Yes, he is. His name is Dan.
3. Complete the sentences with the correct forms of the verb to be (am, is, are).
1) Are; 2) am; 3) are; 4) are; 5) is; 6) Is.
4. Write your answers to the questions.
1. Yes, 1 am. / No, I'm not.
2. Yes, I am. / No, I’m not.
3. Yes, I am. / No, I’m not.
4. Yes, it is. / No, it isn’t.
5. Yes, it is. / No, it isn’t.
5. Write what you usually say in these situations.
1. Hello! Nice to meet you. I’m ... (your name).What is your name?
2. Mum, Dad, meet my teacher, Miss Oksana Petrivna.
3. Hello, Max! Nice to meet you.
4. Hello, my name is ... (your name).
5. How do you do?
1. Look at the pictures and complete the sentences with this, that, these, those. Then complete the rule.
1) this; 2) These; 3) those; 4) Those, these.
We use this and that to talk about one thing.
We use these and those to talk about many things.
2. Read and choose the correct item to complete the sentences.
1) This; 2) These; 3) this, Those; 4) Is that.
3. Write the words in the correct column according to the sound in the key word.
4. Write sentences about the things in your classroom. Use this /that, these / those.
1. These windows are big, but those maps are small.
2. These desks are clean, but that duster is dirty.
3. That chalkboard is green, but this markerboard is white.
4. This computer is new, but that CD player is old.
5. That bottle of glue is there, but this pair of scissors is here.