Unit 7. Everyday Life
102(1) Look and write the names of the school subjects.
Maths; Music; English;
Reading; PE; Handicrafts;
Nature Study; Art; Computer Studies.
102(2) Complete the sentences.
1) Maths; 2) Music; 3) Physical Training; 4) Handicrafts; 5) Reading; 6) Art; 7) Computer Studies; 8) Nature Study; 9) English.
103 (3) 1) was; 2) had; 3) has; 4) has written; 5) go, infant; 6) studies, junior.
103 (2) 1. When were your classes over yesterday?
2. What is she doing at school?
3. Have they played in the school playground today?
4. When are his Music lessons going to start tomorrow?
5. What was the third lesson last Friday?
6. Where does she spend her free time every Thursday?
3. You are talking with Emma now. Write down your answers.
Emma: What school do you study at?
You: I study at primary school.
Emma: How many lessons do you have every day?
You: I have five lessons every day.
Emma: When do your lessons start?
You: At 9 o’clock.
Emma: What is your favourite school day?
You: My favourite school day is Friday.
Emma: How do you get on with your classmates?
You: I get on well with my classmates.
Emma: Do you sometimes go on school trips with your teacher?
You: Yes, we do.
105(1) We must sit quietly during the English lesson. We mustn’t write slowly during the English lesson. We must listen to the teacher carefully during the English lesson. We must work hard during the English lesson. We must write and read correctly during the English lesson. We mustn’t behave noisily during the English lesson.
105 (2) Bob mustn’t eat sweets. Bob must do his homework. Clare must help her mum. Bob must do sports every day. Clare mustn’t read at night. Clare mustn’t drink soft drinks.
106 (1) Dan has already had breakfast. Mary has already cleaned the window. Dan has already taken out the peels. Dan has already done the washing up. Dan has already fed the cat. Emily has already played the piano.
1. A: How many lessons did you have yesterday?
B: I had five lessons.
2. A: What did you do in the English lesson yesterday?
B: We played games and acted out the communicative dialogues.
3. A: What did you do when you came back home yesterday?
B: 1 did my homework and helped my mum.
1. Write the three forms of the following verbs. Then write what you did two days ago.
2. Read and complete the text with the necessary words.
1. Reading was my first lesson. We read a very interesting story. I answered the teacher’s questions well. Miss Alison put me a very good mark.
2. In the afternoon we went shopping with my mum and sister. We bought some bread and milk in the supermarket. Then we went to the toy shop and bought a new computer game for me. I was happy. My sister asked our mum to buy her a new dress, but we didn’t see any. “Next time,” my mum said.
3. We had the Sports Day yesterday. We played football and basketball with our schoolmates. My class won the football match. We got the prize and were happy.
108 (3) Sue: Do you know English well?
You: Yes, I do.
Sue: Can you tell me about your traditions and school life?
You: Yes, I can.
Sue: Is learning English interesting?
You: Yes, it is.
Sue: Does your brother or sister read English books?
You: No, he/she doesn’t.
Sue: Are you reciting a poem now?
You: No, I am not.
Sue: Do you enjoy learning English?
You: Yes, l do.
Sue: Have you read any books in English?
You:.No, I haven’t.
Sue: Have you watched any films in English?
You: No, I haven’t.
109 (1) 1. The boys are playing volleyball.
2. A family is having a party.
3. A shop assistant is selling vegetables.
4. Dan is doing his homework.
5. Alex is relaxing in the river.
109 (2) 1) played; 2) was; 3) was; 4) Did; 5) won;
110 (3) This is Steve. He likes sport. His favourite kind of sport is football. Last Sunday he went to the stadium to watch the football match.
The weather was fine, ft was sunny and warm. The score was 3:1.
Steve was happy.
Alex: How was the weekend?
Dan: It was fantastic! On Sunday I went with Tom and Ann to a final school football match.
Ann: The other girls and boys from our school went to the stadium, too. So it was full, and the people were really excited.
Alex: Which team won the game?
Dan: Our school team won 2:1. Steve scored the goal, he headed it from the comer — wow!
Ann: Our school team was the best team last season!
111 (2) 1.Did Ann have five lessons on Monday?
Ann didn't have five lessons on Monday.
2. Has Steve already read a few exciting stories about animals?
Steve hasn’t already read a few exciting stories about animals.
3. Are they doing some physical exercises at the stadium now?
They aren’t doing some physical exercises at the stadium now.
4. Will Clare listen to the radio programme tomorrow?
Clare will not listen to the radio programme tomorrow.
5. Does she usually collect seashells at the seaside?
She doesn’t usually collect seashells at the seaside.
3. You are talking with Dan. Write down your answers.
Dan: What do you think about learning English?
You: I like learning English.
Dan: How long do you learn English?
You: Four years.
Dan: Do you read stories in English?
You: Yes, I do.
Dan: Do you watch films in English?
You: No, I don’t.
Dan: Do you listen to songs in English?
You: Yes, I do.
Dan: What is your favourite activity in class?
You: I like playing games.