Unit 2. Free Time
p. 34, ex. 1. a) Listen about the kids’ favourite toys, and say if the statements are true or false.
1 — True.
2 — False.
3 — True.
4 — False.
5 — False.
b) Listen again and match the kids with their favourites.
a. Martin; b. Ann; c. Steve; d. Dorian.
p. 36, ex. 4. Ask and answer.
1. Wanda loves skipping.
2. SpongeBob lives in the sea.
3. Sashko and Vanya play chess.
4. Greg, Kim and Helen’s favourite game is Snakes and Ladders.
p. 37, ex. 5. Fill in 'their' or 'our'.
1) Their. 2) Our. 4) Our.
p. 37, ex. 6. Look on pages 39-40 and say.
a) Look at the boys in picture a. Their favourite game is tennis.
b) Look at the boys in picture b. Their favourite game is football.
c) Look at the boy and girl in picture c. Their favourite game is a computer game.
d) Look at the boys in picture d. Their favourite game is chess.
e) Look at the girls in picture e. Their favourite game is a board game.
f) Look at the boys in picture f. Their favourite game is basketball.
p. 39, ex. 1. Ask and answer.
1. My favourite part of the day is morning.
2. AM it is time from 12 p.m. till 12 am and PM it is time from 12 a.m. till 12 p.m.
3. I usually listen to music in the evening.
4. I usually play games in the afternoon.
р. 39, ex. 2. a) Listen and read. Then match the sentences (1-6) with the pictures on page 42 (a-f).
f —1; d — 2; 3 — с; a — 4; e — 5; b — 6.
р. 41, ех. 3. a) Look at these words and say what they mean.
Always, usually, often, sometimes, never — прислівники повторюваності та частотності, які вживаються з Present Simple Tense та показують, як часто щось відбувається, відповідають на запитання — How often...?
b) Complete the sentences about yourself.
I always have a shower in the morning.
I always go for a walk in the afternoon.
I often listen to music before school.
I sometimes read a book after school.
I never go for a walk in the evening.
p. 42, ex. 4. Ask and answer in pairs.
1. Yes, I do. I always have breakfast
2. Yes, I do. I always wash my face in the morning.
3. No, I don’t. I don’t always wake up early.
4. Yes, I do. I sometimes play computer games after school.
5. No, I don’t. I never forget my homework.
6. Yes, I do. I sometimes help my mum in the kitchen.
7. Yes, I do. I study every day.
8. Yes, I do. I watch TV in the evening.
p. 42 ex. 5. a) Read and say what sentences are true for you.
1) I play volleyball.
2) I help in the kitchen.
3) I don’t read books about magic.
4) I like English.
c) Complete the sentences with the names of your classmates. Who does what?
1) Petro plays volleyball.
2) Olha doesn’t like mornings.
3) Maria doesn’t listen to rap.
4) Petro helps in the kitchen.
5) Helen doesn’t read books about magic.
6) Oksana watches videos every Saturday.
7) Victor doesn’t play computer games.
8) Bohdan likes English.
p. 44, ex. 1. a) Speak on what you do when you come home from school.
I always have dinner when I come home from school.
I often go for a walk when I come home from school.
I sometimes play computer games when I come home from school.
I never have a bath when I come home from school.
p. 44, ex. 2. Look at the chart, ask and answer in pairs.
A: Do Tom and Bob like stamps? B: Yes, they do.
A: Do they like skating? B: No, they don’t.
A: Do Mary and Helen like books? B: Yes, they do.
A: Do they like riding bikes? B: No, they don’t.
A: Does Linda like dolls? B: Yes, she does.
A: Does she like cars? B: No, she doesn’t.
A: Does Paul like sledging? B: Yes, he does.
A: Does he like books? B: No, he doesn’t.
p. 45, ex. 3. a) Read and choose the correct word.
She always does her homework.
She often drinks some tea.
She sometimes reads a book.
She never watches TV.
He always reads a story.
He often surfs the Internet.
He sometimes plays tennis.
He never feeds the cat.
p. 45, ex. 4. a) Mark your clasmate’s answers in the table.
1) Do you wake up early on Sunday? No, I don’t. I usually wake up late.
2) Do you have a big breakfast? Yes, I have. I always have a big breakfast.
3) Do you read books about magic? No, I don’t. I never read books about magic.
4) Do you watch a film on TV? Yes, I do. I often watch a film on TV.
5) Do you do your homework after school? Yes, I do. I usually do my homework after school.
6) Do you visit your friends? Yes, I do. I sometimes visit my friends.
7) Do you go to McDonald’s? Yes, I do. I sometimes go to McDonald’s.
8) Do you play computer games every day? Yes, I do. I sometimes play computer games.
b) Write a report about your classmate.
Maria doesn’t wake up early on Sunday. She usually wakes up late. She always has a big breakfast. She never reads books about magic. She often watches films on TV. She usually does her homework after school. She sometimes visits her friends. She sometimes goes to Me Donald’s. She sometimes plays computer games.
p. 46, ex. 1. Match the pictures with the names of the clubs.
p. 46, ex. 2. b) Say if the sentences are true or false.
1 — False.
2 — False.
3 — False.
4 — False.
5 — True.
p. 47, ex. 3. Look at the membership cards. Then say who is in what club.
Sally is 40. She goes to the yoga club. She is good at doing yoga.
John is 44. He goes to the basketball club. He is good at playing basketball.
Nick is 38. He goes to the computer club. He is good at playing computer games.
Liz is 41. She goes to the fitness club. She is good at doing aerobics.
Jane is 62. She goes to the drama club. She is good at acting.
Alison is 33. She goes to the tennis club. She is good at playing tennis.
p. 48, ex. 4. a) Copy the table and answer the questions about yourself.
|Are you good at...?||Me||Kate||Helen||Boris|
b) Find 3 friends and ask them questions below.
Are you good at football? No, I am not. I am not good at football.
Are you good at basketball? Yes, I am. I am good at basketball.
Are you good at tennis? Yes, I am. I am good at tennis.
Are you good at swimming? No, I am not. I am not good at swimming.
Are you good at computer games? Yes, I am. I am good at computer games.
Are you good at dancing? No, I am not. I am not good at dancing.
c) Speak about your friends.
My friend Kate is good at football, basketball, swimming and dancing.
Helen is good at basketball, tennis and swimming. My friend Boris is good at football, swimming, computer games and dancing.
p. 48, ex. 5. Do the project 'My Family Hobbies'.
My Family Hobbies
This is me. My name is Maria. I’m nine years old. I like dancing and swimming. I am good at dancing and swimming. I often go to the swimming pool on Sundays.
This is my mum. She is 37 years old. She often plays basketball and tennis. She likes playing tennis. She is very good at tennis. She often plays tennis on the playground.
This is my dad. He is 39 years old. He likes playing chess. He is good at chess. He plays chess with me every evening.
p. 51, ex. 3. Look and say.
b) She is dancing;
c) They are riding on the carousel;
d) They are running;
e) He is wearing a costume;
f) She is looking at the ghost.
p. 52, ex. 2. Look at the picture and find the people you read about. Make true sentences.
Uncle Phil and Ronnie are riding a rollercoaster.
Jessica is shaking hands.
Susan is taking photos.
Greg and Luke are going to the desert island.
Eliot is talking to a ghost.
Some boys are riding a dinosaur.
Two girls are driving a bumper car.
p. 54, ex. 3. Ask and answer.
1) Yes, they are. They are riding a rollercoaster now.
2) Yes, she is. She is shaking hands with Snow White now.
3) No, she isn’t. She isn’t drinking lemonade now. She is taking photos of Jessica and Snow White.
4) No, he isn’t. He isn’t singing with a witch. He is talking to a ghost.
5) No, they aren’t. They are going to the desert island now.
p. 55, ex. 2. Ask and answer.
1) Yes, they are. Vicky and Bill are playing Snakes and Ladders.
2) No, they aren’t. They aren’t moving down the ladders. They are climbing up the ladders.
3) No, she isn’t. She isn’t watching TV.
4) No, they aren’t. They aren’t walking in the park. They are walking in the jungle.
5) Yes, she is. She is walking in the jungle.
p. 57, ex. 2. Your classmates are on a desert island. Ask them what they are doing. Write down their answers.
A: What are you doing? B: I am sitting under the palm tree.
A: What are you doing? B: I am going to school.
A: What are you doing? B: I am playing computer games.
A: What are you doing? B: I am swimming.
A: What are you doing? B: I am wearing a pirate costume.
p. 58, ex. 3. Ask and answer.
a) A: What are they doing? B: They are dancing.
b) A: What is she doing? B: She is singing.
c) A: What are they doing? B: They are swimming.
d) A: What are they doing? B: They are dancing.
e) A: What is he doing? B: He is playing the guitar.
f) A: What are they doing? B: They are playing computer games.
p. 59, ex. 4. Have a talk.
A: What are you doing now?
B: I am playing the piano now.
A: What is your friend doing now?
B: She is watching TV now.
A: What are your classmates doing?
B: They are walking in the park now.
p. 61, ex. 2. Look, ask and answer.
A: What films can we see on Monday?
B: We can see Madagascar and Robots on Monday.
A: Where can you see them?
B: We can see them at our cinema.
p. 64 ex. 1. ...match and say.
1. Stella is good at doing sums. Her favourite lesson is Maths.
2. John and Rick are good at playing basketball. Their favourite lesson is PT.
3. Lilly is good at singing. Her favourite lesson is Music.
4. Tom is good at painting. His favourite lesson is Art.
p. 64 ex. 2. ...read and choose the correct word.
a baby, in the jungle, wolves, bear, teacher, climbs, a tiger, angry, monkeys.
p. 65 ex. 3. ...answer the questions.
1. No, I am not. I am not riding a rollercoaster; I am having a lesson now.
2. No, we aren’t. We aren’t sleeping. We are walking in the park. (We are riding a rollercoaster.)
3. Yes, we are. We are riding a camel.
4. No, I am not. I am not playing football. I am helping my mum. (I am cooking dinner.)
5. Yes, we are. We are swimming in the sea.
p. 65 ex. 4. ...listen and watch. Then guess who is who.
Greta and Nick Click are on the beach, they are reading. Tracy is writing.
Suzy and Suzy’s mum are swimming in the sea.
Luke is rowing a boat.
Luke’s friends are playing pirates.
Colin and Pete are fishing.