Unit 1. All about us
р. 10 ex. 2. Погодься або запереч.
1. No, they aren’t. Parkers are from Great Britain.
2. Yes, they have. They have got a son and a daughter.
3. No, he isn’t.
4. Yes, they have.
5. No, they aren’t. They are his nephews and nieces.
p. 11 ex. 3. Подивись і скажи.
1. Kate is younger than Peter.
2. Mary is taller than Rosa.
3. Mary’s hair is darker than Kate’s.
4. Mary’s hair is longer than Rosa’s.
p. 11 ex. 5. а) Напиши про одного з племінників чи племінниць містера Паркера.
Mark is Mr. Parker’s nephew. He is three. He is the youngest. He has got short fair hair.
He’s wearing a yellow jacket and yellow shoes and blue overalls.
p. 13 ex. 5. Подивись і скажи. Склади якнайбільше речень за таблицею.
Mr. Parker is a good looking man. Mr. Parker is a handsome man. Mr. Parker is a young man. Mrs. Parker is a pretty woman. Mrs. Parker is an elegant woman. Mrs. Parker is a young woman. Mr. Parker isn’t an old man, Mrs. Parker isn’t an old woman. My mum is a pretty woman. My mum isn’t an old woman. My father is a good-looking man. My father isn’t a young man. My aunt is a pretty young woman. My uncle isn’t an old man. My uncle is a handsome man. My aunt is an elegant woman.
p. 13 ex. 1. b) Скажи, скільки членів у твоїй родині і що вони люблять робити?
There are six in their family. Their grandparents have got grey hair and blue eyes. Their father is tall and handsome. Their mother is pretty and elegant. She has got fair hair and brown eyes. Their daughter is young and beautiful. She has got curly hair and black eyes. Their son is nice. He has got fair hair and green eyes.
p. 14 ex. 2. Вибери і скажи.
1. Andy is 4 years younger than Polly.
2. Their grandpa is 5 years older than their grandma.
3. Their dad is shorter than their mum.
р. 14 ex. 5. Напиши 6 речень про твою родину або твого друга. Намалюй малюнок.
A. This is my family. They are my mum, my dad and my brother. My dad, Igor, is good-looking. He is older than my mum. My mother, Olga, is very pretty. She is tall and thin. My younger brother, Denis, is six. He isn’t a pupil. He has got black curly hair and green eyes.
B. This is Vika’s family. They are her mother, her father and her grandma. Her grandma, Tamara Ivanivna, is an old woman. She is the oldest in their family. Tamara Ivanivna is elegant and very kind. Vika’s mum, Olena Pavlivna, is a pretty woman. She isn’t tall. She is shorter than Vika’s dad. Her dad, Andrij Viktorovich, is older than her mum. He is tall and handsome.
p. 16 ex. 4. Погодься або запереч.
1. No, she doesn’t. She lives in Colchester.
2. Yes, she does.
3. No, it isn’t. Her address is 7 Green Lane.
4. Yes, she does.
5. No, she doesn’t. She lives in High Street.
p. 16 ex. 5. а) Прочитай та доповни речення.
1. I live in Kharkiv.
2. It is a city.
3. I live far from the centre of the city.
4. My address is 5 Kurchativ Avenue, flat 12.
5. My house is near the park and my school.
6. There are many houses and trees in my street.
p. 17 ex. 3. Скажи: «Так», «Ні», або «Я не знаю».
1. I don’t know. 2. It’s true. 3. It’s false. 4. It’s true. 5. It’s false.
p. 18 ex. 5. b) Доповни речення про твоє місто/село. Використовуй слова: is, are, was, were.
1. My city is not very old.
2. The streets in our city are wide and clean.
3. The houses are big and modern.
4. Many years ago, the streets in our city were narrow and dirty.
5. The houses were small and old.
p. 19 ex. 1. Подивись, прочитай, вибери.
Today London is much larger than it was many years ago. In those days the buildings were smaller and the streets were narrower. Today there are lots of cars and busses in London and the air is much dirtier than it was in the past.
The River Thames is much shallower than it was in those days.
p. 19 ex. 2. Попрацюй в парі. Запитай та дай відповіді на запитання про Лондон.
1. London is lager now than it was in the past.
2. The buildings were smaller then.
3. The streets were narrower than they are now.
4. Yes, there are many cars and buses in London now.
5. Now the air is dirtier than it was in the past.
p. 19 ex. 3. Розкажи однокласникам деякі факти про Київ, столицю України, в минулому. Використовуй вправу 1 як зразок.
Today Kyiv is a big city. Many years ago, it was much smaller. The buildings were smaller.
The streets were narrower. There were not many cars and buses. The Dnipro River was deeper than now.
p. 20. ex. 5 Напиши 6 речень про твоє рідне місто/село в минулому. Використовуй вправу 3 як зразок.
Today Akhtyrka is not a big town. But it is bigger than it was in the past. The buildings were smaller. The streets were narrower. There were not many cars and buses. The Vorskla River was much deeper and cleaner than now.
p. 21 ex. 2. Погодься або запереч.
1. I disagree. There really were lots of shops, restaurants and offices there.
2. I agree. There were many people in Kyiv in 1880.
3. I disagree. There were not many cars and buses there in the past.
4. I agree.
p. 22 ex. 3. Доповни речення. Використовуй форму Past Simple дієслова to be.
1. There were a lot of buildings in Khreshchatyk in 1880.
2. There were not many cars or buses.
3. Was there much traffic in Kyiv in 1880?
4. Were there many people in Kyiv in 1880?
p. 22 ex. 4. Вибери і скажи.
1. Miss Alison was not born in Kyiv.
2. The traffic in the streets of Kyiv was slow.
3. There are many traffic lights in Kyiv today.
4. There isn’t a shop near our school.
5. Are there any traffic lights in Khreshchatyk Street?
p. 22 ex. 5. Напиши про вулицю, на якій живеш.
I live in a house in Galtseva Street. It is not the main street in my city. There aren’t many houses in it. I haven’t got an old photo of my street. I think there were not many houses and trees in it many years ago. There was only one house. And now there are four houses and lots of trees in it.
p. 23 ex. 3. Прочитай та вибери правильне слово.
1. There are mountains in Ukraine.
2. Hoverla is the highest mountain of the Ukrainian Carpathians.
3. Stepan lives in a town.
4. The castle «Palanok» is very old.
5. Stepan is sending a photo of it.
p. 24 ex. 5. а) Напиши листа своєму другу про визначні місця твого міста/села. Користуйся планом.
My name is Masha, and I am from Kharkiv, Ukraine. There are three rivers called Udy, Kharkiv and Lopan.
My city is big and nice. There are many parks, squares and monuments.
Our monument to Taras Shevchenko is the most beautiful. It is in the Shevchenko Garden in the centre of Kharkiv.
I’m sending you a photo of this monument.
p. 24 ex. 1. Склади якнайбільше запитань та дай відповідь на них.
Is your grandpa older than your grandma? — Yes, he is.
Is your grandpa shorter than your grandma? — No, he isn’t.
Is your mother smaller than your uncle? — Yes, she is.
Is your mother taller than your aunt? — No, she isn’t.
Is your father stronger than your friend? — Yes, he is.
Is your father taller than your uncle? — No, he isn’t.
Is your brother younger than your cousin? — No, he isn’t.
Is your brother taller than your friend? — Yes, he is.
Is your brother smaller than your grandma? — Yes, he is.
Is your sister taller than your cousin? — No, she isn’t.
Is your nephew older than your cousin? — No, he isn’t.
Is your nephew stronger than your uncle? — No, he isn’t.
Is your niece smaller than your aunt? — Yes, she is.
Is your father shorter than your cousin? — No, he isn’t.
p. 24 ex. 2. Доповни речення дієсловами у Present Simple або Past Simple.
1. Mrs. Tame was in hospital last year.
2. My mother cooks breakfast every morning.
3. Jane’s granny lives in Colchester.
4. Jane went to her grandma last week.
5. Streets in Lviv were narrow in the past.
6. There are many traffic lights in Kyiv now.
р. 25 ex. 4. Прочитай листа Мері. Напиши 6 запитань, які Сюзан їй задала.
1) Му name is Mary. — What is your name?
2) I live in a big house with my parents. — Do you live in a house or a flat?
3) I have got a brother. — Have you got a brother or a sister?
4) My birthday is on the second of August. — When is your birthday?
5) My hobby is swimming. — What is your hobby?
6) I was in Windsor Safari Park last summer. — Where were you last summer?
p. 26 ex. 5. Прочитай та доповни текст. Потім запиши. Використовуй was/wasn’t, were/weren’t.
The day was fine last Sunday. It wasn’t hot after rain. Jane and Kim were at the beach. Their friends were with them too. Ann and Dan weren’t there. They were in Odessa. The children were happy, the dog was happy too. It was a great fun!