Unit 3. Free Time
1. Look and write what these children like doing.
1. Steve likes playing the piano.
2. Clare likes making things.
3. Mark likes taking photos.
2. Look and write.
1. Does she collect coins? — No, she doesn’t.
2. Does she play the guitar? — No, she doesn’t.
3. Does she collect stamps? — Yes, she does.
4. Does she listen to music? — Yes, she does.
3. Draw your friend and write about his / her hobby.
I have a friend. His name is Roman. He has got a hobby. He likes basketball. He goes to the basketball club on Tuesdays and Fridays. He is good at basketball. In summer I often play basketball with him. I think his hobby is very interesting.
1. Complete the sentences.
1) sunny; 2) friendly; 3) together; 4) fishing; 5) badminton.
2. Look and write.
1. A: What does Jill like doing?
B: She likes dancing.
2. A: What does Brian like doing?
B: He likes playing the piano.
3. A: What does Emma like doing?
B: She likes reading.
4. A: What does Kevin like doing?
B: He likes drawing.
3. Write sentences.
1. Tom doesn’t like playing hockey.
2. Does Nick like reading books?
3. My grandparents don’t like travelling.
4. He likes collecting stamps.
1. Write what they like doing.
1. He likes scale modelling.
2. We like playing badminton.
3. She likes playing the piano.
4. They like dancing.
5. He likes horse riding.
2. Choose and circle.
1) like; 2) likes; 3) doesn’t like; 4) likes; 5) like.
3. Draw a picture and write about your parents’ hobbies.
My dad likes watching films about history. He also collects books about historic events. My mum likes collecting postcards. She has a lot of postcards from different countries.
1. Write the words. Then complete the sentence given below.
Cartoon; football match; quiz; sports programme; news; film.
My favourite TV programme is a cartoon.
2. Write negative sentences.
1. I do not like watching soap operas.
2. There are not lots of interesting films on every day.
3. The quiz show “The Cleverest” doesn’t start at 10 o’clock today.
3. Write the names of the programmes into the correct column.
|Tom and Jerry||Football||Star Wars|
4. You are talking with Tom. Look at the TV Guide on page 47 in your textbook and complete the dialogue.
You: When does The Funniest Animals on the Earth start?
Tom: Lets look at the TV Guide. This programme starts at 10
You: What channel is it on?
Tom: It is on Animal Planet. And it is 10 o’clock now.
You: It’s time to switch the TV on, then.
1. Read and complete.
Basketball; tickets; what time; cinema; ice skating.
2. Read, choose and circle the correct item.
1) docs; 2) likes; 3) starts; 4) play; 5) Do.
3. Draw a picture and write about your favourite TV programme.
My favourite programme is “Master Chef’. It is about cooking. The show starts at 9 am. The days of the show are Monday and Tuesday. I like it because it is funny.
1. Look and write. Then complete the sentence given below.
Chess; table tennis; volleyball; swimming, riding; hide-and-seek.
My favourite free time activity is hide-and-seek.
2. Write the following verbs in the Past Simple Tense.
Regular verbs: to play — played; to collect — collected; to help — helped; to cook — cooked; to start — started; to watch — watched; to like — liked; to dance — danced.
Irregular verbs: to make — made; to swim — swam; to have — had; to ride — rode; to be — was, were; to do — did.
3. Read, choose and circle the correct word to complete the sentences.
1) played; 2) was; 3) was; 4) Did.
4. Write the following sentences in the Past Simple Tense.
1. We played volleyball at the school stadium.
2. Children liked playing hide-and-seek.
3. Did you play hopscotch with your friends every day?
4. The school chess club started at 2 p.m. every Wednesday.
5. Rewrite the email given below. Use the capital letters where necessary. Put the verbs in bold in the Past Simple Tense.
My name’s Bob and I’m ten. I like to do sport. My favourite kind of sport is volleyball. I trained in the sports centre. I went there twice a week: on Monday and Wednesday.
1. Look and match.
Scale modeling — моделювання;
making a cake — приготування торта;
riding a bike — катання на велосипеді;
reading comics — читання коміксів;
shell collection — колекція мушель;
ponnies collection — колекція поні.
2. Read and answer the questions after the text. Then draw a picture to the story.
1. Two years ago.
2. I had 200 comics.
3. Yes, they were.
4. My dad.
5. No, he bought them every Monday.
6. It won the first prize in the school competition last year.
1. Find and match.
Drink — drank; eat — ate; have — had; is — was; swim — swam; ride — rode; go — went.
2. Read and say what is wrong with the picture.
In the picture Nick is with a girl at the beach. They didn’t put their clothes on the sand. Their green towel was on the sand, not in the water.
3. a) Write the following verbs in the Present Simple Tense.
swam — swim; saw — see; tried — try.
b) Write the following verbs in the Past Simple Tense.
stop — stopped; want — wanted; play — played; put — put; go — went.
4. Answer the questions.
1. Last Wednesday.
2. They played football.
3. Yes, they did.
4. They tried to find shells in the sea.
5. They saw something green in the sea.
6. Jack laughed because they saw Nick’s towel in the sea.
1. Look at the picture. Correct the sentences.
1. The weather is good. It isn’t raining.
2. Three children are playing in the water.
3. The man on the rock is fishing.
4. The dog is sleeping.
5. The woman is reading a book.
6. Two girls are playing volleyball.
2. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense form: Present Simple or Present Continuous.
1) spend; 2) is building; 3) is flying; 4) are reading; 5) likes; 6) are sun-bathing.
3. Write questions and negative sentences.
1. Steve isn’t working on the computer now. Is Steve working on the computer now?
2. Sue doesn’t usually help her brother to work in the garden. Does Sue usually help her brother to work in the garden?
3. There aren't many monuments in our city. Are there many monuments in our city?
4. Jane wasn’t in London last summer. Was Jane in London last summer?
4. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense form.
1) was; 2) are working; 3) go out; 4) doesn’t play; 5) is singing; 6) isn’t drawing; 7) visits; 8) was.
5. Read and complete the table.
Play — played; bring — brought; swim — swam; make — made; have — had; ride — rode; listen — listened; laugh — laughed; eat — ate; see — saw; buy — bought; go — went.
6. Write sentences.
1. Nina went to the zoo last summer.
2. My friends went to the USA three years ago.
3. Did you have a good time yesterday?
4. Emma listened to music last Monday.
5. Did you visit your grandparents last week?
7. Read and complete the email. Use the words in the box given below.
1) got up; 2) put on; 3) had; 4) took; 5) left; 6) came; 7) caught; 8) came; 9) wasn’t; 10) didn't have.