Task 1. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1. When was Blarney Castle built?
B over 500 years ago
2. What was the author’s complaint about the stairs in the castle?
B they weren’t wide enough
3. How did the soldiers defend the castle?
A by pouring hot water or tar on them
4. Which statement is true?
C the use of the castle has changed over time
5. How did the author learn to kiss the Blarney Stone?
C he watched other people kiss it
6. Which word best describes how the author felt about the visit?
Task 2. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1A, 2A, 3D, 4C, 5B, 6B, 7A, 8C, 9D, 10A