Task 1. You will hear an interview about the lifestyles of teenagers. Liz is answering questions about herself and her brother Mike. Listen and mark the correct ending A, B or C for each sentence.
1. For breakfast, Liz always has
2. The number of portions of fruit and vegetables every day for Mike is
B three or four.
3. The number of times Liz usually does physical exercise every week is
C three times or more.
4. Mike’s favourite sport in winter is
5. Liz’s favourite sport in summer is
Task 2. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true), F (false) or NS (not stated).
1. Charles Dodgson was a pen-name of the famous English writer Charles Dickens. FALSE
2. He wrote wonderful books for children. TRUE
3. Charles played the piano very well. NS
4, He started his education in the boarding school. FALSE
5. Working at the college, Dodgson wrote his books about Alice. NS
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
Recycled materials are included in many products we buy. Things like newspapers and magazines, glass bottles and jars, food and drink cans and even some clothing may have been (1) C taken using recycled materials. (2) C Every time we buy one of these products we help to support the recycling industry. The aim is that the product is used (3) A once, recycled and then used again.
One of the (4) B ways in which we can help the recycling process is by saving our own waste. Over the next (5) B couple of weeks we’ll begin a fortnightly collection of recyclable waste, from your home. A ll you have to (6) A do is put your recyclable waste in the box we’ve given you and put the box out next to your dustbin. The collection is fortnightly, (7) B so remember to look at the sticker on the box that tells you which weeks we will collect it. Your dustbin will still be collected weekly.