Task 1. You will hear the information about today’s activities on an Activity Holiday. Listen and mark the correct ending A, B or C for each sentence.
1. The horse-riding students meet at 8.45
C outside the teachers room.
2. Today, the horse-riding students need
A no money.
3. After breakfast, the swimming students meet
C at the bus stop.
4. The swimming students need money for
5. The Sports Centre cafe is
A cheaper than the cafes in the town.
Task 2. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true) or F (false).
1. Aesop wrote wonderful poems. FALSE
2. He enjoyed reading books. FALSE
3. The traveller wanted to know how much time he would need to reach the town. TRUE
4. Aesop knew for sure the time the traveller would need. FALSE
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
Read some rules of good manners and try to follow them.
Don’t use a spoon for what can be (1) D eaten with a fork. Place vegetables, garnish, pasta on your (2) A fork with the help of your knife. Cut (3) B meat in small pieces to chew it easily. Cut off one (4) A piece at a time.
Don’t blow on your food if it is too hot; you don’t start a campfire (5) A in a damp night.
Spoons, knives and forks should not be banged against your plate.
While eating, try to make as little noise (6) D as possible. Don’t sip your (7) B soup as though you wanted the whole house to hear.
Don’t talk with your mouth full. Don’t pick your teeth in company after the meal even if toothpicks are provided for the purpose.
Try not to put your elbows on the table.
And, finally, don’t (8) A forget to say “thank you” for every favour or kindness.