Task 1. You will hear a successful fashion designer talking about his career. For each question choose the correct answer A, B or C.
1. How well did the speaker do at school?
A He was an average student.
2. What did he do when he left school?
B He did a business course.
3. What did he learn from his part-time job?
B How clothes are made.
4. When did he go to London?
C When he won a prize.
5. Why did he have difficulties in New York?
C The work was more stressful than he had expected.
Task 2. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true), F (false) or NS (not stated).
1. Good language school must provide students with qualified and capable teachers. TRUE
2. Students should be graded into groups of similar language ability. NS
3. Schools have to provide students with accommodation. TRUE
4. Schools have to offer students comfortable places for recreation. TRUE
5. The school should arrange parties, excursions, entertainments. FALSE
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
There are many stories about different people’s ways and habits. When we think how Englishmen behave, they are considered to be naturally polite and are never tired (1) B of saying “Thank you” and “ I’m sorry”.
People are sure they are (2) C generally disciplined. You think they’ll never (3) A hear loud (4) A talk in the streets and are never in a hurry.
It’s generally believed that they never rush for (5) C seats in buses and trains.
It’s a custom for English people not to shake hands when meeting one (6) B another. They just smile and (7) C say “ Hello” . They say “How do you do” sometimes, but not very often, only to people they meet for the first time.