1. Match the pictures and topics. In pairs, talk about yourself. Say at least 2-3 sentences on each topic.
1 — Family.
My family Is not big. There are four of us: my mother, my father, my little brother and me. My mum is a teacher, my dad is a driver. My little brother and I go to school. We study at the same school. My family is very friendly. I love it very much.
2 — School.
I am a pupil of the seventh form. My favourite subjects are PE and Math. I also like English lessons. We read, speak, play games, sing songs at the English lessons. I think it is very important to study foreign languages because they help us understand people from different countries.
3 — Food.
My mum likes cooking very much. I often help her in the kitchen. My favourite dishes are varenlky, mushroom soup and different pies. But most of all I like pizza and cakes made by my mum.
4 — Sports.
I like sports, especially football. I am a member of our school football team. We often take part in football matches between schools of our city. I’d like to become a professional football player.
5 — Home town.
I live in Kharkiv. My city is very beautiful. There are many historical places, museums, cinemas, schools, universities here. I like to walk in the parks in my city. Every year lots of tourists visit Kharkiv. I am sure they like it very much.
6 — Friends.
I think that any person cannot live without friends. I’ve got many friends. Some of them are my classmates. But my best friend doesn’t study at my school. I like to spend my free time with him. We go for a walk together, play games and discuss our problems. My friend is kind, honest and reliable.
2. Look throught your Pupil’s Book. Answer the guestions.
1. There are 4 units in the book.
2. There are 2 lessons in each unit.
3. The title of the unit 4 is «Leisure Time».
4. There are some grammar rules in the «Remember» boxes.
5. We can find it on page 224.
6. Reading — читання; Vocabulary — нова лексика; Grammar — граматичний матеріал; Listening — аудіювання; Speaking — говоріння; Writing — письмо.
7. There are 4 «Му Learning Diaries» sections all together.
8. I can find «Grammar Reference», «Vocabulary», a list of irregular verbs and Tape scripts of some texts for listening at the back of the book.
3. Write out the sentences which are true for you.
In class I like to do projects in groups. In class I like to learn by playing games. In class I like to learn more about English speaking countries.
4. Choose and share your thoughts with a classmate. (More than one item is possible.)
1. I think learning English is useful and interesting.
2. When I speak English I feel happy.
3. I am good at reading.
4. I am not good at writing.
5. I sometimes surf the Internet outside the class.