Task 1. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true) or F (false).
1. Europeans consider they live longer than the Japanese. FALSE
2. The Japanese experience more stress than western people. FALSE
3. The Japanese diet differs from the European one. TRUE
4. Europeans eat more vegetables than the Japanese. FALSE
5. When in Europe, the Japanese discover the bad sides of western national food. FALSE
Task 2. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
Leonardo da Vinci was born in 1452 and died in 1519. In (1) D his lifetime, this extraordinary man was a scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, painter, sculptor, architect, botanist, musician and writer.
Leonardo the artist painted two of the (2) B most famous paintings o f all time: the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper. He (3) C worked as an artist for a number of years before he became (4) A interested in science and engineering.
He wrote descriptions (5) C of the natural world and made many drawings of human anatomy, which he kept in his journals. (6) B What was curious about these descriptions was the fact that Leonardo wrote (7) A them in mirror-image, which means you can only read them with the help of a mirror.