Task 1. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true) or F (false).
1. The mysterious lake is known for its strange creature. TRUE
2. People are not interested in telling stories about Loch Ness Monster. FALSE
3. People describe the creature as a monster having a giraffe-like neck and a great dark green body. FALSE
4. Many tourists come to Scotland because they want to see Loch Ness Monster. TRUE
5. Scientific expeditions proved that the monster really exists. FALSE
Task 2. Read the text below. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
A couple of years ago my Father got a new job. A town where he got it was 100 km from our home. My parents (1) B decided we would have to move, because it took much time for Father to come
to his working place every day.
When they (2) C told me about their plan I was upset because I enjoyed my home and school. I was sure I would (3) D miss all my friends and teachers a lot.
Well, half a year (4) B after that, we moved to another town. The house was more comfortable than the old one, and (5) C from my bedroom window I could see the sea.
I was worried about the first day at my new school. I felt really (6) A nervous about meeting new classmates and teachers. But when I got there everyone was great! My class teacher was nice and I (7) C made friends with some girls from my class. Changing home isn’t that bad, after all!