Task 1. Listen to the information about a Fun Day in your local park. Complete the notes about some of the events.
1. Circus starts at... pm.
2. Open-air concert finishes at... pm.
3. Bus to the park from the town centre goes every ... minutes.
4. Return ticket costs £ ... for children.
Task 2. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true), F (false) or NS (not stated)
1. Today’s teenagers’ parents had less money and expensive things. TRUE
2. Not all teenagers could have radios and bicycles in the past. TRUE
3. In the past mobile phones and computers were commonplace. FALSE
4. Teenagers can buy everything they want. NS
5. Some of teenagers listen to heavy metal. NS
6. Today’s young people behave the same way their parents used to. TRUE
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
A poor young artist was asked to (1) B paint the portrait of a (2) C rich lady, and he did his best to make a good picture. When the portrait was finished, it was shown to the (3) B lady's friends. Some of them thought it was too realistic. They were afraid the lady would not like the picture. But the painter (4) A felt that he had been (5) A successful and he did not want to change anything.
Then one of his friends suggested the (6) C following, “We shall leave it to the lady’s dog to decide whether the picture is good or bad.”
The next day the picture was sent to the lady’s house where her friends had gathered to see the result of the test. As soon as the dog was brought before the portrait, it began to lick it all over. Everybody congratulated the painter.
Do you think the dog recognized (7) C its mistress?