Task 1. You will hear an interview about a social networking. Listen and mark the sentences T (true) or F (false).
1. Dave dislikes the fact that “tweets are short”.
2. Dave uses twitter to meet new people.
3. Dave has his own blog.
4. Dave thinks businesses should use Twitter to advertise.
5. There are more “tweets” than twitter users per day.
Task 2. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B or C.
1. A tourist had enough money...
B to buy a return ticket to his native land.
2. The traveller refused the invitation of his fellow-passenger to come to dinner saying that...
B he was not well.
3. The next day at dinner time he was so hungry that he...
C could not stand it any longer.
4. The traveller did not pay for dinner because...
B meals were included in the fare.
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1B, 2A, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 7C, 8A