Task 1. You will hear Cody talking about a trip he’s going on to the Waitomo Caves in New Zealand. Listen and mark the sentences T (true) or F (false).
1. Cody is going to New Zealand in two weeks.
2. Cody will visit the Waitomo Caves for more than one day.
3. Cody will go through the caves in a raft.
4. Cody will have to take his own rafting equipment.
5. Cody is afraid of insects and spiders.
Task 2. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true), F (false) or NS (Not Stated).
1. Her best friend is calling. NS
2. Ann is a student. NS
3. Ann can’t speak Italian. FALSE
4. Moving to London Ann didn’t communicate with Giovanna. TRUE
5. Giovanna knows Ann’s phone number. FALSE
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
Over 150 balloons will be floating over Bristol in August — it’s sure to be a breathtaking sight. The International Balloon Fiesta at Bristol is a unique event and becoming more popular every year. Balloonists from all around the world will be (1) C gathering here for three days. They’ll be (2) C preparing two spectacular takeoffs at 6am and 6pm on (3) B each day of the Fiesta. Some balloons take only a single pilot while others can carry up (4) D to eight passengers. You can also see an original, old-fashioned balloon being inflated and (5) B raised by gas — a process which costs £4,000. Also on site will be clowns and stalls, as well as a funfair and helicopter rides. A preview is being (6) C held at Durham Downs, Bristol, on July 28, when the balloons are laid out for inspection. At (7) A night they will take off together with the flames from the burners lighting up the balloons and making them glow in the night as they rise into the air.