Task 1. You will hear two people talking about helping in the community centre. Listen and mark the sentences T (true) or F (false).
1. Dave works at a retirement home.
2. Dave thinks old people don’t get enough respect.
3. Dave didn’t know his grandparents well.
4. Dave doesn’t need any volunteers.
5. The next trip is to the flower show.
Task 2. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true) or F (false).
1. Shah Jahan, the emperor of India, lost his beautiful wife. TRUE
2. The palace is situated in the west of central India. FALSE
3. The Taj Mahal is made of sandstone, marble and precious stones. TRUE
4. The emperor built a matching palace across the river. FALSE
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1C, 2B, 3A, 4B, 5C, 6B, 7C, 8C