Task 1. You will hear a woman talking to an evening class about carpentry. For each question choose the correct answer A, B, or C.
1. The speaker says that when she was at school, girls
A were taught separately from boys.
B could do carpentry if they wanted to.
C were not allowed to do carpentry.
2. Making her chest of drawers took
A eighteen months.
B six months.
C two months.
3. She first planned to put the chest of drawers
A in the sitting room.
B in the bedroom.
C in the hall.
4. She suggests that the first job should be something
A small and simple.
B for a friend.
C ’ which practises many skills.
5. She suggests that the class should first
A choose who they will work with.
B decide what they need for one job.
C discuss what they should do.
Task 2. Read the text and decide if the sentences are T (true) or F (false).
2. Dolphin trainers need to have a university degree. TRUE
4. Dolphin trainers need to be very patient. TRUE
5. Dolphin trainers spend a lot of the day feeding the animals. TRUE
6. Dolphin trainers always work alone. FALSE
8. Dolphin trainers must be good at working with others. TRUE
9. Training dolphins isn’t always easy. TRUE
Task 3. Read text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1B, 2B, 3D, 4B, 5B, 6B.