Task 1. You will hear about problems of the cities. Listen and mark the sentences T (true) or F (false).
1. According to Dr Belmont, problems of the cities in the 21st century are caused by their expansion.
2. People move to the cities looking for better healthcare.
3. According to Dr Belmont, the crime rate may be explained by unemployment.
4. According to Dr Belmont, people have to spend on transport £4 every day.
5. The drivers were dissatisfied with the new tax in London last year.
Task 2. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B or C.
1 The headmaster came into the classroom to...
A give the students good news.
2 How did the students feel about the trip?
3 The beaches in Sri Lanka were...
4 The best part of the trip to Singapore was...
B a visit to an island.
5 At the end of the trip the students...
C didn’t want to go home.
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1A, 2B, 3C, 4D, 5A, 6B, 7C, 8D, 9A, 10D