Task 1. You will hear people talking in different situations. Listen and mark the sentences T (true) or F (false).
1. The girl needed the extra cash and helped her fellow classmate.
2. She decided to become a photographer to fulfill a lifelong ambition.
3. The girl feels nervous before she competes.
4. Being out on the football pitch is so boring for girls.
5. The backpacker travelled to the top of the mountain by tour bus.
Task 2. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1. When was Blarney Castle built?
B over 500 years ago
2. What was the author’s complaint about the stairs in the castle?
B they weren’t wide enough
3. How did the soldiers defend the castle?
A by pouring hot water or tar on them
4. Which statement is true?
C the use of the castle has changed over time
5. How did the author learn to kiss the Blarney Stone?
C he watched other people kiss it
6. Which word best describes how the author felt about the visit?
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1A, 2A, 3D, 4C, 5B, 6B, 7A, 8C, 9D, 10A