Task 1. You will hear doctor Matthew Belmont. For questions choose the best answer A, В or C.
1. What does Dr Belmont study?
2. Which was not mentioned by Dr Belmont as a specific topic of his talk?
3. Where do people live longer?
A In the cities.
В In the country.
C Both in the cities and in the country.
4. What is the difference in number of mobile phones snatched in Manchester in 2003 compared to 2002?
5. What should people do to improve the environmental situation, according to Dr Bel- mont’s talk?
A People should pay special taxes.
В People shouldn’t bring their cars into city centres.
C People must use public transport.
Task 2. Read the article and match the title A -F to each paragraph 1 -5 . There is one extra title.
1D, 2E, 3F, 4A, 5B
Task 3. Read the text. Choose one of the variants A, B, C or D.
1C, 2B, 3B, 4C, 5D, 6A, 7D, 8A, 9B, 10B